5 Ways You Know Someone Is Singapore Permanent Resident


As a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you have the privilege of living and working in Singapore indefinitely. However, obtaining PR status is not easy and the application process can be tedious and time-consuming. So, how do you know if someone is a Singapore PR? Here are 5 ways:

  1. PR status is usually stamped on the person’s passport. If you have access to the person’s passport, you can check if there is a PR stamp on it.
  2. PRs are issued a pink IC, or identity card. If the person has a pink IC, it is likely that they are a PR.
  3. PRs are allowed to vote in certain elections. If the person is registered to vote in Singapore, they may be a PR.
  4. PRs can buy certain types of properties, such as public and HDB (Housing and Development Board) housing. If the person owns a property in Singapore, they may be a PR.
  5. PRs are eligible for certain employment benefits and can hold certain jobs that are not open to non-PRs. If the person can hold a certain job or has certain employment benefits, they may be a PR.

If you are considering applying for PR status in Singapore, it is advisable to seek the help of an immigration consultant to increase your chances of success. One reputable immigration consultant firm in Singapore is 3E Accounting Pte Ltd. The team at 3E Accounting has a wealth of experience in handling PR applications and can guide you through the process. They also offer a range of other immigration-related services, such as employment pass and dependent pass applications.

There are several ways to determine if someone is a PR in Singapore. These include checking for a PR stamp on their passport, the possession of a pink IC, the ability to vote in certain elections, ownership of certain properties, and eligibility for certain employment benefits. If you are looking to apply for PR status in Singapore, it is recommended to seek the help of an experienced immigration consultant such as 3E Accounting Pte Ltd to increase your chances of success.