Description- If you want to visit any country for any given purpose, you have to obtain a valid visa. In this article, we are going to discuss how one can obtain a Dubai Visa.
Dubai has become a popular tourist and business destination in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) because of its rich culture and glamorous city lifestyle. But to visit this country, you have to obtain a valid visa, unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country. There are different types of visas, and the visitor’s purpose of entry usually determines the sort of visa that one should apply for. For instance, to apply for a Dubai visa online, the applicant, along with holding a valid passport, must ensure that he/she has not been barred from entering the UAE or deported from the country.
Types of Visa in Dubai
The type of visa needed to enter Dubai depends upon several factors such as your nationality, the purpose of your planned visit and its duration. There are different types of visas in Dubai, such as;
- 30-day visa- There are around eighteen countries who do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace period for an extension. The visa is extendable and the total validity, if extended, would be 60 days from the date of entry. This type of visa is considered a multi-entry visa, which allows the visa holder to consume the 30-day visa validity regardless of whether the visa holder is inside or outside the UAE.
- 90-day visa- Under this, there are countries listed down by the government who do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days. This visa is also further extendable.
- Transit and Stopover visa- This type of visa is available for all the passport holders for 48-96 hours. The passengers must have a valid onward flight booking outside of the UAE and a valid hotel booking for the duration of the stay in the country.
- GCC Residents- If you are a national citizen of one of the GCC countries, you don’t need a visa or a sponsor to visit the UAE. However, foreigners accompanying the GCC nationals or GCC expatriate residents must obtain an online visa upfront before arriving in the UAE.
- Service Visa- The validity of this visa is for 14 days from the date of entry. One of the prerequisites of obtaining this type of visa is getting a sponsorship from a hotel or a tour operator.
- Tourist Visa- There are two types of tourist visa (1) Long-Term and (2) Short-Term. Long term visa is valid for 60 days and short term is for 30 days from the date of entry. One can get a sponsorship from a UAE resident or a tour operator for obtaining this type of visa.
- Work Visa- Here the companies have to apply for employee’s work visa. The duration of this type of visa and validity is subject to the terms of the employment contract. The passport must be valid for at least six months at the time of entry to the UAE, and only recent colour photograph with a white background is accepted.
- Visit Visa- A Dubai Visit Visa can be obtained for both 30-days and 90-days. The individual may or may not exit the country and this visa can be converted to employment or residence visa.
Procedure to Apply for a Dubai Visa
If you are eligible to apply for the Dubai visa, then you can apply online by filling up the form. The application is simple to fill and requires minimal work. After filling the application, you have to submit all the necessary documents. The documents required are listed below.
- Copy of valid passport. The applicants must maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in the UAE. If the documents expire sooner than that, you need to have it renewed
- Along with the original, a scanned copy of the passport
- A recent photograph. The photograph needs to meet the standards of a passport photo. Make sure that it is taken against a white background.
- Valid ID
- Means of payment. Do mention the method of payment while applying.
Once you submit the form and documents, you have to pay the required fees. After paying, you have to wait to get your visa approved.
Obtaining a Dubai visa is a simple and straightforward process. But, it can be daunting to follow all the guidelines and proceed accordingly for an amateur, so, we at Business Setup Worldwide can help you with it. Our advisors can make the process hassle-free for you. Contact us today for more information.