Reasons Why To Choose LED Lights For Your Home


The law in many countries has halted the manufacture of incandescent bulbs that consume more than 100 watts as governments try to promote the use energy efficient lights. The government of the United States for example set different deadlines for the stoppage of the manufacture of incandescent bulbs; the deadline for the 75-watt bulb was 2013 and the 40-watt bulb was by the January 2014 and on and on. You only need to go shopping for the 100-watt incandescent bulb to realize that there are great changes that are taking place. LED lights for home meet the energy efficiency requirements as demanded by the law of the land. Some of the reasons for choosing LED lights include the following:

Long life: A long lifespan is the number one benefit of choosing LED lights; the bulbs and diodes have an outstanding performance of more than 100,000 hours. This means that with LED lighting equipment, it will give you an entire 11 years of continuous operation or 22 years if it is lit for 12 hours every day; it should take an average of 20 years before you are forced to replace the LED bulb. Contrary to the standard light that burns out, LED bulbs emit diodes which means they only become less bright as time progresses.

Energy efficiency: With an estimated energy efficiency of between 80 to 90 percent, LED lights for home provides the most efficient ways of lighting and illumination. What this means is that with more than 80% of the energy consumed by the bulb being converted into light, only about 20% is lost and converted to other energy forms such as heat.  The traditional incandescent bulb converts only 20% of the energy it consumes into light while the remaining 80% is converted to heat which is therefore lost. Because of the long lifespan of LED lights, you will spend less time on maintenance since you will change them less often as well.

Ecologically friendly: LED lighting equipment doesn’t have any toxic chemicals; the traditional fluorescent bulbs have materials such as mercury that have a negative impact on the environment. There are no toxic materials in LED bulbs and they are up to 100% recyclable which means you help to reduce your carbon footprint. Because of its long operational life, one LED bulb will save material and production of more than 25 standard bulbs which is big step towards the future.

Durable quality: Flat rope LED lights are very durable and have been built using sturdy components that are extremely rugged and which will withstand the roughest conditions. LED lights are also resistant to vibrations, shock and all external impact making them best for LED security lighting.

Many people might say that led bulb price [ราคา หลอด ไฟ led, which is the term in Thai] is higher than normal bulbs and it will be expensive for them but if you think on long run, it saves energy and stays for long and it is also eco-friendly. So, spending a bit high at present will save much of your money in the long run.